Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Sketch Challenge


This card was for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #24. Can you tell I love sketches?

I had a really hard time getting this card to come together. At first, my plan for this star stamp was a super sleek, minimalist design - just the image, then the star cut out and popped up, all on a plain white background. Well, it was sleek and minimalist alright ... and BORING! I always admire the designers who can make a really, really simple card that looks amazing. Clearly I'm not one of them :(

So I brought in some color, did my usual adding, layering, and general fussing, and then adapted it to Beate's sketch. In the end, it was worth the fuss. I'm glad I flexed some creative muscle and pushed this through to the end. It would have been easy enough to quit mid-design.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous! I am going to have to try out this sketch this evening!

My Paper World said...

Really gorgeous! I love the embossed background!

Valerie said...

I love your card so cute! I was looking around on your splitcoast gallery and saw this little tote w/matching cards you made http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/691588?cat=7220 I would LOVE to make some do you have the deminsions on the little tote? If you do can you please email it to me at hot_pinkpixie@yahoo.com Thanks soooo much!

Valerie

Tracy said...

very pretty miss a. like all the layers and the pierced paper. i also love that embossed bg (i have that one too. such a good one - i was going to try to use it for my christmas cards and still haven't gotten round to that!)
you come up with some lovely stuff using the sketches :-)