Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Fab Color Combo



Are you just dying over this color combo from SCS's weekly Color Combo challenge? I could not wait to get the kids to bed last night, so I could get down to my craft room and PLAY! I've always loved bashful blue and certainly celery together. The gray breathes new life into this trusty combo! What I like about the colors is that they can work equally well for something on the elegant side, or something funky and hip, or even something sweet and baby-themed. They'd be great colors for weddings and anniversaries, and equally great for sympathy. I can't think of many color combos that versatile.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Fine Lace background, Cute Converse
Paper: Basic Gray, Celery designer prints, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue markers, gray taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, Ice circle rhinestone brads, various circle punches, sponge daubers, distressing tool, circle cutting system and scalloped scissors (Creative Memories)

9 comments:

Andrea G. said...

What a lovely card!!

Anonymous said...

this is so gorgeous!!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Lovely! I'll have to try this color combo! Thanks for the inspiration!

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love all the details and scallop edge! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who saved Cute Converse, I love the sayings in that one!

Tracy said...

great color combo - and yes it is very versatile! i love the design and that little bit of scallop - just love it! you are so good at those little details that bring it all together.

Silke Ledlow said...

I really like all those colors together....the card looks great!

Unknown said...

absolutely gorgeous, amy! love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

Amy, I just want to cry when I see your cards! How can one person be so darn talented? Next time I see you, I'm rubbing elbows and hoping some wears off on me!

Maren said...

I love what you did with this combo! Just beautiful! It is one of my faves now too!