Monday, August 11, 2008

Artful Elegance



Everyone should have at least a few stamps in their repertoire that are so classy, striking and beautiful they can pretty much stand on their own. Verve's soon-to-be-released Artful Elegance is one of those sets for sure -- simple elegance at its best! The scroll pattern reminded me of the ornate wrought-iron fencing that surrounds the historic homes and immaculate gardens of the French Quarter in New Orleans. I chose my earthy greens with those gardens in mind, then added black satin ribbon and a little bling to finish off my more formal look.

For more peeks at this gorgeous set, as well as another set called Notes of Prayer, stop by the Verve blog. And remember, the Anni-VERVE-sary fun continues today and tomorrow in the Verve Forum.

Have a great day!



Stamps: Artful Elegance (Verve)
Paper: Stamper's Select White card stock (Papertrey Ink); "Inspire" (Memory Box); Basic Black card stock (SU!)

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Heidi Swapp bling; 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop punch, small oval punch, dimensionals (all SU!); black satin ribbon (Offray)

12 comments:

Janine said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love your work...

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC. I love this card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card, Amy! The French Quarter is on my list of places to visit someday. I'd love to see New Orleans (just probably not during Mardi Gras! LOL).

Missy said...

I love this card. The colors are great and I love the simple elegance of it. TFS!!!

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, can't wait to see these NEW sets from Verve.

Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are absolutely right this is a must have set!!! Very elegant - I love it and you have created a super gorgeous card with this Set!!! Love that *sparkle* too!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and elegant! Can't wait to see this whole set!

Kim Gasper said...

Gorgeous card. Very elegant!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh WOOOOOWWW!! This is so elegant...I really didn't think I needed that set, until now!!

Unknown said...

Lovely. I've just come across your blog and am so impressed by your designs.

Anonymous said...

I'm such a sucker for rhinestones and you've used them beautifully!

Cindy