Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Hearts - A Dirty Challenge



On the 20th of each month, past and current Dirty Dozen designers get together for a fun challenge. Sharon Harnist has hosted this month's awesome challenge:

Challenge Focus: Create a thankful card or gift, Thanksgiving table placecard or treat holder, or Thanksgiving home decor item.

Required Element: At least one heart on your project.

Restricted Element: Nothing

Be sure to have a look at all the projects HERE.

All day yesterday I was a day behind, so by the time I figured out today is the 20th and not tomorrow, I had no brainpower left to create anything more than a card. I used the same overall layout of Tuesday's card, too, except that I turned the Top Note die panel into a raised frame for the main image. The image is from Give Thanks by Our Daily Bread Designs, and is watercolored with an aqua painter, Stampin' Up markers and Stampin' Up reinkers. My heart element is a metal button in the upper left of the frame. I tied some burlap string through it and put a brown twill ribbon tab behind it. The bottom Mellow Moss edge is done with a Martha Stewart border punch. The bottom large panel is raised up on 1/16" dimensionals, and the Top Note frame is raised up on 1/8" foam squares. I'll be giving this one to my mom on Thanksgiving Day to show my thanks that she's hosting the family dinner this year. Hope she likes it! Actually, she has to like it, right? It's a "mom requirement" :)

I was going to save this next project for tomorrow, but I'm terrible at sitting on things. I made this for yesterday's SCS sketch challenge.



The Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus image, also from Our Daily Bread Designs, is from a new set called Joy to the World. The star is from We Three Kings. I did my coloring with an aqua painter, reinkers, and markers. See that gorgeous piercing around the perimeter? Oh my gosh, I've had my eye on the Ornare piercing templates forever! Kelley now carries them at ODBD, so now I have a couple to try! There are lots of different styles - check 'em out HERE.

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll see you again on Saturday for Jen's Sketch for You to Try and a new Our Creative Corner challenge!




Thanksgiving Blessings:
Stamps: Give Thanks (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: SU Chocolate Chip, Canson watercolor paper, Memory Box "Twiggy" designer paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black; lots of Stampin' Up re-inkers and markers
Accessories: K&Co metal heart, burlap string from Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts, Offray brown twill, Martha Stewart border punch, SU Top Note Sizzix die, aqua painter, paper piercer, Chocolate Chip marker

Mary, Joseph, Baby Jesus:
Stamps: Joy to the World and We Three Kings (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: CTMH Cocoa, CTMH Simple Pleasures designer paper, Canson watercolor paper
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, lots of Stampin' Up and CTMH reinkers and markers
Accessories: Spellbinders square Nestabilities, Offray brown twill, K&Co metal buttons, Ornare piercing templates, dimensionals, paper piercer, sponge daubers

30 comments:

Kelley said...

WOW!! OMG!! I am totally speachless, which is a real rarity!! lol!

They are both so awesome...can't get over how cool they are! I love the brown and all the sponging. The ornare piercing is so fantastic!!

Pegg S said...

You are truly an artist! I so enjoy seeing your beautiful cards -- each one is more amazing than the next!! Thanks for sharing your work!!

Chris said...

It's amazing your work - and this is a day "behind"?!?! tee hee...thanks for inspiring us!

PS. If you ever decide you have time for classes, let us know! I live down the road, I'm guessing, in Springfield! :)

Michelle Tech said...

Wow, these are amazing!

Sew Club said...

You da bomb, Girlie!

Jackie Pedro said...

Amazing....both projects!!

Sue from Oregon said...

stunning!

Linda Carson said...

Your Mom is going to LOVE this card! Your artwork is classy w/perfect details!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly - Amy - this are FANTASTIC!!! I love them both!!!
Drop dead gorgeous for sure!!!

Nancy Riley said...

Amy, your cards are breathtaking ... so professional looking! ... absolutely stunning! You are one amazing lady!

Jami said...

These are stunning...absolutely, positively gorgeous!!!
hugs, Jami

Catherine said...

Just gorgeous.... as always :)

Anonymous said...

Amy, both of these cards are splendid!! I'm always so wowed by your designs!!
--Becca

Libby Hickson said...

WOW!! I love everything you do, but I think you've really outdone yourself on these. They are just amazing, so breathtaking! I love the rich colors on both. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Amy, i am in awe of your work. I mean these are beyond incredible!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! These are stunning. I think my mouth dropped when I saw the first one. You are a rock star for sure!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW!! Both of your cards are gorgeous Amy!!

Rosella said...

You are amazing! Your cards are absolutely stunning!!!

Laurel said...

OMG, gorgeous! I LOVE your first one!

Conniecrafter said...

Your mother will Love the card it is just beautiful!! Lovely coloring in both cards! Love the layering and papers in the first too!
Love the stamp in the second and the piercing is so cool, neat layout!

Gretchen said...

Beautiful cards! I really like the piercing on the second one- I'mm going to have to get some of those!

Renee said...

Wow! These are beautiful, gorgeous cards! Your work is awesome!

Shari said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

STUNNING work as alwasy girl!!

Janna said...

I love the rich colors of both these cards. They are stunning!

Jodi Collins said...

WOW Amy! These are both STUNNING!!

June Houck said...

OM goodness these are unbelievably gorgeous! They are stunning. I want to be you when I grow up...but you are younger than I am . Whahhh!

BA said...

I love this card!! all your cards are wonderful.
xoxo BA

Judy Rozema said...

I am with Kelley - TOTALLY speechless!

Anonymous said...

These cards are masterpieces!