Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fear Not



Our Daily Bread Designs is sponsoring this week's sketch challenge at Card Positioning Systems. The CPS designers have done fantastic things with this month's ODBD sets, both the pottery set I showed earlier in the month, and the new Scripture Collections #1 and #2 that debuted during Tuesday's blog hop.

Here's my take on the sketch (CPS #107). I used some designer paper I got from the ODBD Store - Sweetbay by Memory Box. I love, love, love the fresh, spring-like colors and patterns. You can find this and quite a few other Memory Box paper collections HERE. The verse, Isaiah 41:10 is part of the Scripture Collection #1 set. I added some other fun, new-to-me things, too -- brown corduroy brads from Stampin' Up (YUM!), blue/green trim by Making Memories, and a punched border using the Fiskars A-Fleur border punch.

I've had a lot of questions about the BossKut dies that I use (the brown flourish on this card is one of them) and whether they work with the Cuttlebug, and I keep forgetting to answer - sorry!! Yes, the BossKut dies work with the Cuttlebug. I'm usually just fine running the same sandwich that I use for my Spellbinders dies (A plate, C plate, die with cutting side up, card stock, B plate). Sometimes, for more intricate shapes, I'll add a piece of heavy cardstock between the die and the B plate as a shim.

Thanks for visiting!





Stamps: Scripture Collection #1 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Papertrey white; Memory Box Sweetbay dp
Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain and Antique Photo distress ink
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels 1 Nestabilities, BossKut flourish die, Fiskars A-Fleur border punch, Making Memories trim, Prima flowers, Pink Hedgehog Papercrafts brown brads, foam adhesive, Coffee Shimmerz (painted onto the brown flourish), Stampin' Up brown corduroy brads, 1/4" circle punch, and sponges,
Size: 9 1/4 x 4 (fits in a standard office-supply letter envelope)

17 comments:

kadie said...

Amy, this is beautiful. I really like the long card and how you used the space. AND I was really looking for some ideas on how to use that particular DP. Thank You!! Beautiful creation, as always! :)

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very pretty, Amy! Love every detail!

Danielle said...

Love this Amy! The long shaped card is very pretty and I just adore all your details!
Hugs, Danielle

neverenoughrubberstamps said...

Beautiful Card! Just Stunning!
Nice verse!

Cheers,

Dorothy

Anonymous said...

This is drop-dead gorgeous!

Denise Marzec said...

So delicate and pretty! You never cease to amaze me.

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Amy! I love when you use those die cuts on your cards!!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous card!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so gorgeous!!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love the delicate feel, the pretty colours, the punched border, ribbon, flowers, brads, flourish, wonderful verse......hmmm....I think that's everything.....OK - I love it all!!! :)

Kelley said...

Very spenderriffic!! Love all the extra's!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, this is SO PRETTY! I love it!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful! I love the trims and the patterned paper!! Its calming and elegant!
have a super weekend!

Jackie Pedro said...

Gorgeous....

Unknown said...

Jaw-dropping as usual Amy! ;0)
Viv xxx

Conniecrafter said...

so lovely and this is one of my favorite verses!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy... I am totally awestruck by your gifted talent for card making. Such beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Ro