Thursday, October 11, 2012

Count Your Blessings - DS73



Since it's already been Thursday for two days this week, how can it really be Thursday again today? Ever have weeks like that? Must be the Columbus Day holiday on Monday that's got me confuzzled. The upside to having a week of Thursdays is that my Deconstructed Sketch sample was done for one of those other Thursdays, i.e. early - woohoo! 

So here's the awesome sketch this week, designed by Sheri Gilson:



I took some liberties, a few more than I would have liked, but I think you'll still see the sketch in there. The maple leaf is a Spellbinders die-cut, the blue fringe trim and the velvet maple leaf trim are from my stash (maybe Making Memories?). The grass and the striped scallop were done with CutUps dies from The Cat's Pajamas (Grass and Big Scallop). The bear image is from A Beary Good Year by TCP. And the papers, including the word banner strip and the little "count your blessings" sentiment, are from the Simple Stories Harvest Lane 6x6 pad.

Take a peek at what the rest of the Deconstructed Sketch girls have come up with:

  • Amber Hight
  • Amy Sheffer
  • Arielle Gordon
  • Cresta Woodruff, Guest Designer
  • Donna Wardle
  • Jen Shults
  • Kadie Ensley
  • Lori Boyd
  • Sheri Gilson
  • Tracey Pickersgill


  • My card doubles as my sample for this week's TCP Tuesday Challenge (#231).



     Jen del Muro is our hostess, and has put together this inspiration board:


    I was inspired by the overall Fall theme and warm earth tones. So cozy!

    To play along with DS73, click over to Jen Shults's blog.
    To play along with TCPTUES231, click over to the challenge thread on SCS.

    Now remind me again ... what day is it?


    19 comments:

    tracey said...

    Awesome card Amy. Your cards just blow me away.

    Marisa said...

    I'm messed up too...keep thinking it's only Wednesday when it's already Thursday. Love the big maple leaf and the cute bear. Great card as always.

    Crestajune said...

    What a fabulous card, Amy! I love every stunning detail! All the stitching, trims, the sentiment flag... so perfect! That little bear is so adorable, I think he needs to come home with me! =) Have a wonderful day, Amy!

    Sheri Gilson said...

    Fabulous card, Amy!! Love all the wonderful layers and texture!! Fab job with the sketch too!!
    Hugs~
    Sheri

    June Houck said...

    So cute!!! I love your bear on the leaf and the maple leaf trim. Perfect stick pin!!!

    Tammy Hershberger said...

    Oh Amy, this is darling! LOVE how you did the big maple leaf, and the sentiment flag on the leaf stick pin!

    Lea L. said...

    This is so cute, Amy! I love all the cute borders & trim you've used on it!!

    Arielle H Gordon said...

    Amy your card is really fabulous! I love the fun leaf die cut in place of the circle - perfect!

    kadie said...

    You always find all the perfect elements to fit together for your cards! Love your take on this week's sketch, Amy!

    Jen Shults said...

    Liberties... I don't know what you are talking about... I love it! The pennants are a great use of the banner and I love the trim you used! Gorgeous, as ever, Amy!!

    Anonymous said...

    Love the little side paper strip words. Fit perfectly the card! I always say I am confusted by Thursday....

    Unknown said...

    Amy, I love it when you take liberties... Cause let face it you rock at it!! Absolutely gorgeous card honey!! Gorgeous!! Oh, btw, if you really want to feel confused it's FRIDAY...7.21am here in South Australia!! Xx

    Julie M said...

    Wonderful card, Amy - love the mix of earthy and bright colours - and the layering and detail is just fab.

    Julie :o)

    Lisadwb said...

    Cute card. I really like the leaf, nice spin on the sketch.

    Dawn Easton said...

    Fabulous and fun fall card, Amy! That big leaf die is wonderful! I've always loved that bear!!!

    Shannon White said...

    Such a Fun Fall Card!! Love the big leaf and darling Bear! Just makes me smile! 8-)

    Alma de la Rosa said...

    Love this, with the leaf background! Just stunning.

    Oliwiaen said...

    Love the kraft maple leaf, it makes such a wonderful background for the scene!

    dpkennedy said...

    This is so cute!