Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jingle All the Way - SFYTT


I've been so inspired lately by mixed media and watercolor projects on Pinterest and YouTube, so when I sat down to play along with Reverse Confetti's December Sketch For You To Try, I knew I wanted to incorporate at least a tiny bit of an artsy look.


First, here's the December sketch:


Isn't that a fun one? For challenge guidelines, prize details, and the link list, visit the Reverse Confetti blog. You have until December 29 at noon CST to enter.



My snowflakes are die-cut with Reverse Confetti's LET IT SNOW Confetti Cuts out of a panel that I watercolored in different shades of blue, then splattered with dark blue pigment.



The horizontal piece is made of layers of card stock, patterned paper, a doily piece, and some torn linen vellum topped with a pop of black diagonal stripe washi tape. More splattering in the same colors that I used for the snowflakes.



The sentiment, from TINSEL 'N TRIM, is stamped in Memento Luxe Teal Zeal onto a light gray card stock background panel. The background panel is also splattered with metallic silver and white watercolor.



Last, I added a sparkly twine bow with jingle bells tied to the ends, rounded the corners of the background panel, and mounted it to a white top-fold card base.




Hope you've enjoyed my loose sketch interpretation!
For more SFYTT inspiration, be sure to visit the Reverse Confetti blog.

Thanks for visiting!





REVERSE CONFETTI STAMPSTINSEL 'N TRIM
REVERSE CONFETTI DIESLET IT SNOW, CIRCLES 'N SCALLOPS Confetti Cuts
PAPER: white, stone, navy, and aqua card stock, linen vellum, 
designer paper scraps, Tim Holtz watercolor paper
INK: Memento Luxe Teal Zeal
OTHERKuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, round brush, Pretty Pink Posh silver sequins, 
silver bells, metallic silver twine, washi tape, corner rounder, paper doily

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

really pretty, love the mix of blues!

Meghan said...

I love, love, love this!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the mixed media, artsy look to this gorgeous card!!

Lora said...

Amy, I love the card you made.

Can you share your secret as to how you did the ink splatter? What sort of ink did you use for this affect?

I like the splattering idea and do you use a paint brush for the splattering?

Thanks

Deepti Stephens said...

Oh this is SO FABULOUS Amy!! :)