Thursday, February 18, 2016

So Lucky You're My Friend


I'm super excited to be guest designing for My Favorite Things! You'll find me on the MFT blog today and tomorrow. 

I've got a couple of goodies whipped up using their fabulous February release. For today, I have a sweet and simple friendship card using the Stitched Rainbow Die-namics along with the Lucky stamps and Lucky Die-namics dies. I love making cards with rainbows! I find with all of that color, it makes sense to keep the rest of the card simple, so rainbows can be an especially good option for quick cards and multiples.


I die-cut the Stitched Rainbow from watercolor paper and did some loose watercoloring in rainbow colors. I love the whimsical look of the watercoloring. I offset the assembled rainbow on a white card stock panel, popped up some cloud die-cuts from the Lucky Die-namics set, then trimmed off the overhang before layering onto a white, top-fold card base.



I love the sentiments in Lucky and am having serious font envy. As in, I totally want my handwriting to look JUST like that! Isn't it just so fun and charming?! I stamped the friendship sentiment in black ink onto the white card panel for a nice, crisp look.

With clean and simple cards, often the appeal is in the small details. Here, I've added a few wood veneer stars around the sentiment. The machine-stitched borders are another subtle detail that packs a whole lot of punch.


Thanks so much for visiting!

5 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

The font is nice indeed, but your handwriting is perfect too! :) Beautiful card, and so optimistic :)

donna mikasa said...

Love your watercolored rainbow!

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on guest designing for MFT, Amy! That's so exciting!
Your card is fabulous! I love it!

Zoe said...

Absolutely beautiful card :) xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Congrats and what a wonderful card!!